¾ of 2019 are over! Maybe you’re flying and your goals for the year are well underway. Maybe you lost track of them and feel too ashamed to even look. Or perhaps you never set goals in the first place?
It doesn’t matter where you stand, if you just bear with me, I’ll show you how you can make the most of the last three months of 2019.
Sign up for Wild Spirits News for free weekly Coaching magic, resources and exclusive offers! Simply fill in the form:
Task 1: The whys and wherefores of goals
Why would you set goals? Because the 2% of people who have written goals they review regularly, are by far the most successful, happy, and content humans on the planet.
Let’s break this down.
- Have goals: “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” -Jim Rohn
- Written: It’s not enough to decide to do something. There’s magic in putting it in writing.
- Regular reviews: Goals are achieved, or need an extension, or become irrelevant. Set regular reminders (a few weeks ago, I talked about using your calendar!) to review and update your goals.
Task 2: Celebrate your goals review
This task is twofold: First, take some time and get comfortable. Light some candles if you like, put on soft music, and if you’re part of a couple, absolutely involve your partner in this. Then do the following.
- If you don’t have written goals yet: Do the Life Audit and afterwards, set yourself 1 or 2 goals per life area, that will improve your score in that area.
- If you have written goals: Put them in front of yourself.
- Note any progress.
- Eliminate goals that no longer have meaning.
- Celebrate goals you’ve achieved.
- Set the next step for each goal.
- Lastly, schedule in your calendar when you’ll take these next steps, and when your next goals review is going to be (I suggest 1 month from now).